Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blogging, take one!

Ahem.

Welcome to my very first blog.

I ended up here somewhat accidentally...following a string of connections from my friend, Kady, who'd set up a blog for her South African adventure! And since I've been wanting to start a blog for some time, well, I guess this is just perfect.

I will begin with a brief description of me and my life.

I currently reside in Minnesota, where I was born and raised. I am thirty years old (maybe) and was married just a few months ago. My husband's name is Andrew, and we have a cat named Willow.
We live in a loft in the Warehouse District of Minneapolis. It's very close to the River, so I like to rollerblade in the mornings. It's getting a bit cold for that now. Andrew recently started a job in Eden Prairie, which is a shame because the commute sucks! But, work is work, and in this economic state of things I guess you take what you can get.

It's really all just temporary anyway, isn't it? Sometimes I think back on all the things I've felt strongly about in the past: jobs, apartments, ex-boyfriends....and I realise: "Hey, they didn't really matter much at all!" Except, of course, that it does something to shape your path. If I'd chosen a different profession or a different neighborhood, things would not have played out the way they have and my life would be something other than what it is now. Or would it?

Sometimes I think it's a shame that alternate universes don't exist. Even if I couldn't hop from one life to another, if I could just poke my head in once in a while and watch them play out, respectively...I really think it might help. It seems to me that you spend your first 40 years figuring out who you are and what's best for you, and then the next 40 years figuring out how to remedy all the choices you made in the first 40 years that weren't in accord with your nature, prior to your knowing who you are and what's best for you.

Thought of the day.

1 comment:

. said...

Hmmmm...well....I was never a boyfriend, but definately a friend.....hopefully I didnt get included in the "didnt matter much at all" catagory for the men who have come and gone in your life?!
Grrrrrr.....!...

That aside, I would definately have to agree with the 40 years thing...but hey,...youve got 10 more years to screw up your life, before you know that you did and what you have to do to fix it...

Garrett